Wow, I guess I've been slacking in the blogging department! What's happened in the last 9 weeks? Well, the baby's room is done... it's just overflowing with Christmas presents at the present time! As soon as they are cleared out, I promise I will take some pictures! Jarrod did a great job at decorating the room... Snowflakes on one wall, tulips on the next, butterflies and a green tree on the 3rd wall and the wall over the crib is a beautiful fall tree with an owl sitting in it! All the seasons are represented!
We also had our baby shower... Thank you again to all our family and friends that came to shower us with gifts and love for the baby! We appreciate it all and really feel much more prepared now! I have done several loads of baby laundry and his drawers are overflowing!
I had my 35 week appointment today and will now start weekly appointments thanks to my blood pressure being a tad on the high side. This is the first time I've actually seen an OB other than my very first appointment... I've been seeing the midwives in the practice. The doc was a little concerned that my BP was 135/95 at the beginning of the appointment and had the nurse retake it before I left... it had come down a little bit to 125/93. So, she wants to keep an eye on it and have me come back in just a week instead of 2. But, baby's heart rate sounded great, in the 140s and he's most definitely head down and has felt lower the last few days. My biggest complaint these days are my swollen legs... doc wasn't too concerned yet, we are just going to continue to watch them. Thank goodness for my buddy Ashley at work... I'm going to continue to have her wrap my legs... Thanks Ash! I can't believe we are on the home stretch! We are very excited to meet this little guy... I finished packing my hospital bag today so I'm at least ready in that way and we will probably clean out the car and install the carseat after Christmas!
From our home to yours, we wish you a safe and happy Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment