Sunday, August 28, 2011

Milestones

This week held 2 big firsts for baby... baby's first earthquake (and momma's!) and baby's first hurricane!

On Tuesday, I was in the Baltimore area for a marketing opportunity.  We were in a neurosurgeon's office on the 3rd floor of an office building when the building swayed back and forth!  I was just walking out of the bathroom when I thought I was having a strange pregnancy dizziness episode until I heard everyone else reacting when I opened the door.  The building was evacuated and we quickly started north back to York.  We were shocked to hear that it was so widespread!  That was a first for me and I hope to never experience another one again!

Then, of course, the rest of the week was filled with the story of Hurricane Irene, working her way up the coast.  We got just a lot of rain and crazy wind on Saturday night, most of which we slept through... good timing for us Irene!  We woke up to everything still dry that was supposed to be dry and no damage for us.

I'm hoping this is it for crazy weather events for quite a while!  And I'm really hoping we don't have an early winter blizzard this year!  I'm so afraid we will be battling the elements when this little one wants to make his/her debut!

No comments:

Post a Comment